Organize a Sponsorship Drive in Your Church
Share your passion for helping children in need at your church! Encourage members to make a lasting difference in the life of a boy or girl at Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos through child sponsorship. Giving your church members the opportunity to become child sponsors can profoundly impact your congregation. Often families and individuals are looking for ways to practice their ministry in real and very personal ways, such as sharing their blessings with children who are less fortunate. As a Sponsor Partner you can facilitate the sharing of information about the homes and children of NPH.
|There are many ways to do this. You might consider:
In This Section:
Resources are available for your use, including:
- Sharing your experience of sponsorship at a service, in a small Christian community, at your parish youth group, or in the religious education classes for children or adults.
- Staffing a sponsorship table before and after the masses/services where you can encourage people to sign up.
- Often church leadership is willing to have a sponsorship drive for two to three weeks. The first week, you could start with bulletin announcements and information tables in the gathering space. The second week, you might add pulpit announcements or an information session after mass as well as the sponsorship table. The third week, something else could be added, for example, a former volunteer or a current sponsor from the church could speak about their experiences.
To accomplish a successful sponsorship educational event in your church, just follow these easy steps:
- DVDs and Power Point presentations
- Examples of bulletin announcements
- Brochures and other handouts
- Sponsorship boards and other visual aids for you to display
- Talk with your pastor or other church leadership for approval.
- Once you have decided on a date, contact your regional Friends of the Orphans Sponsorship Manager. He/she will provide you with DVDs, brochures and all the support you need to have a successful sponsorship drive.
- Publicize your event in the bulletin. Ask your pastor to make announcements during mass or service.
- On the day of the event, set up a table at your church with the sponsorship boards, possibly a DVD playing, and all materials necessary to have people sign up to be Godparents.
- Share your experience of being a Godparent from your heart. The person-to-person approach is the best way to enlist new sponsors!
- Sign up new sponsors!
Sponsor Partner Resource Guide
Opportunities & Ideas
Host a Party for Pequeños Host a Sponsor Gathering
Organize a Sponsorship Drive in Your Church Staff an Information Table at a Community Event Staff a Sponsorship Table at Friends of the Orphans Events Give a Presentation about Sponsoring a ChildBack to Now That You Are a Sponsor Partner