- Decide who you would like to invite. The Friends office can supply you with names of sponsors in your church, community, or neighborhood.
- Once you decide on your invitees, the Friends office will send an e-vite for you or an e-mail message. Just let us know how you would like it worded. If you would like to use a mailed invitation, you can write or print them on invitations that are available through the office and Friends will mail them for you. There is an example in the Resource Guide.
- Another idea for promotion might include bulletin and/or pulpit announcements for your church. Examples are provided in this guide.
- Personal invitations by phone work well also. Phone numbers will be provided to you by the office if you request them. A reminder call is always helpful.
- The agenda is easy. It would include a short social time at the beginning with treats if you would like. Next would be a time when people could introduce themselves and talk about their Godchild. They might want to show a picture or a letter they have received from the child.
- The program might include showing a DVD such as Love Without Limits or pictures that might be shown by a speaker.
- If you would like to have someone from the Friends office, the Sponsorship Committee, another sponsor who has traveled to a home, or a former NPH volunteer, the office can arrange that for you. That person could give a short overview of what is going on in each home or share their stories about being at the homes.
- Allow time for questions about the sponsorship program and process.
- Talk a bit about the Sponsor Partner Program and future trips to NPH homes. Brochures and information will be provided for you.